Mandatory Safety Refresher and US Rowing Video Viewing Sessions:
Friday, January 17th 7-8pm
Saturday, January 25th 10-11am
If you are unable to attend one of these you will need to arrange a private session for $20 by emailing kelley.pope
As a community rowing program, SRA does not require a yearly membership in order for you to participate in our Youth and Adult classes. But what if you want to row or erg outside of your classes? Our membership program gives you the freedom to take out sculling boats and use the ergs and weight equipment during non-class times.
Please see SRA Rower’s Handbook 2014 for more information regarding boat usage, etc.
SRA Membership Benefits & Requirements:
- Unlimited use of club singles, doubles, and exercise equipment during non-class times
- Ability to reserve singles and doubles up to two weeks in advance.
- 10% discount on team class fees and a 15% discount on sculling class fees.
- Ability to register for special “members only” programs, such as Advanced Sculling classes and other workshops.
- LTR 1&2, or already be a proficient sculler, AND have completed a sculling checkout. Members must have completed a flip test through these programs or independently
- All memberships expire on the last day of the current year. New members are eligible for a one-time pro-rated membership fee to take them through the last day of the current year (click on preferred membership type below for pro-rated fee schedule.) All returning members MUST renew in January of the following year.
Before you can row, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Pay for membership online or via check to SRA (See below for pricing info).
- Read the SRA Rower’s Handbook and watch the US Rowing Safety Video. Note: According to our new safety policy, all members must view the safety video annually and attend a New Boathouse orientation.
- Complete the online medical form by following this link for adults Adult Medical Form and this link if you are under 18 Junior Medical Form.
- Sign the online US Rowing Liability Waiver at this link. Enter FTA9E under “Athletes” for the club code. Note: Our liability insurance is through US Rowing, so to be covered under our insurance, everyone must sign the US Rowing waiver annually. You DO NOT need to pay for an individual US Rowing membership unless you will be racing at a US Rowing sponsored regatta. We will let you know if that is the case.
- Complete and turn in a signed float test if you have not already done so. The float test is valid for 5 years.
- Take a formal sculling checkout. A sculling checkout is required for new membership. Returning members do not need to do this again. Please contact kelley.pope to schedule a sculling checkout!
**Special notes for JUNIOR MEMBERS (under 18 years old):
- Junior rowers must turn in a SRA Junior Member Waiver in addition to the paperwork listed above.
- Rowers must have Director’s permission before joining as a member- Director will contact the junior rower’s prior coach to determine small boat sculling ability.
- Please note that junior members are rowing unsupervised. He/she MUST have completed at least one spring season of competitive novice rowing to become a member of SRA, or have Director’s permission.
- SRA junior members must wear a life vest at all times while rowing independently in a 1x. Rowers in a 2x must at least stow a life vest at all times, and both rowers must have purchased a membership.
- Please remember that with the nice weather come ski boats. Independent rowers should row near the shore at all times, being careful of docks and swimmers. Rowers must stop and check the ski course that runs perpendicular to the slough before proceeding across.
- Rowers should remember that SRA classes have first priority over equipment- our busiest times during the summer are 7am-11am M-F. Rowers MUST check the reservation charts at the boathouse before using any sculling equipment.
|We invite rowers who have completed at least one SRA sculling class or are already proficient scullers to become members. Cost is $360 per calendar year for all returning members; new members may purchase a pro-rated membership based on sign-up month.|
|A great way for everyone in your family to participate in SRA whenever you want. Class discounts apply to everyone in the family. However, each family member must be individually checked out for sculling. Cost is $500 per calendar year for all returning members; new members may purchase a pro-rated membership based on sign-up month.|
|This membership is designed for fair-weather rowers, returning college students, or anyone who wants the benefits of membership for a limited amount of time. Cost is $110 for any three consecutive months from May through September.|