Brentwood Regatta Information – April 25 – April 28th, 2013
What the SRA junior rowers need for Brentwood:
- All rowers need to fill out a 2012-2013 Team Permission Slip and have a parent sign. Please fill out and give to coach at boathouse or mail into the office. Mailing address: Sammamish Rowing Association, P.O. Box 3309, Redmond, WA 98073.
- All Novices need to pay $315 (Subject to change) for Brentwood. This trip is not included in the class fee. Please attach a check to your permission slip and give to coach at boathouse or mail. See address above.
- Spending money for food on the ferry, t-shirt/sweatshirt from regatta, snacks from grocery store or A&W at Brentwood if wanted.
- Identification: Per the U.S. Customs & Border Protection:
- U.S. or Canadian citizens 15 yrs old or younger need only a copy of their birth certificate
- U.S. or Canadian citizens 16 yrs and older need a valid passport, passport card, Frequent Traveler card, Enhanced Driver’s License
- U.S. or Canadian citizens between 16-18, if part of an athletic group need only a copy of their birth certificate
Exact wording from website: As of June 1, 2009 all U.S. and Canadian citizens who are 16 and older traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), will be required to present a valid passport, passport card, Frequent Traveler card (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST), Enhanced Driver’s License (for residents in states that issue them) or Military ID with travel orders (see below). U.S. and Canadian citizens who are 15 years old or younger may travel with just a copy of their birth certificate, as may teens between the ages of 16-18 if they are part of an adult supervised school, religious, cultural or athletic group.
Rowers travel schedule:
- Rowers travel to Brentwood, Thursday 4/25. Busses leave from Marymoor Park in early afternoon. An email will go out prior to travel with details.
- Racing runs from Friday early afternoon 4/26 thru Sunday afternoon 4/28
- Rowers bus returns to Marymoor late Sunday evening 4/28
Parent travel information:
- BC Ferry schedule Take the Vancouver-Tsawwassen to Victoria-Swartz Bay Ferry. Reservations for the ferry are highly encouraged.
- Parents planning on going to Brentwood are highly encouraged to book a hotel/B&B room right away. Below are suggested accommodations or links:
- Mill Bay is the local town where Brentwood College is located. Mostly there are B&B’s or rental houses in this area.
- Cowichan Tourism web site (hover over Tourism Cowichan and click on Accommodation). Lots of great B&B’s to choose from.
- Four Points Sheraton
- About half way between Victoria and Brentwood, 30km/about 30 minutes south of Brentwood. Would have to drive up and over the Malahat Pass.
- Close to Costco which would be helpful for food runs if necessary
- The town of Cowichan Bay is about 15 minutes north of Brentwood. Very picturesque and quaint, right on the water. The Grand Resort is the only major hotel, a little higher price than Four Points Sheraton, but closer and easier to get back and forth from Brentwood.
- Victoria to Mill Bay (location of Brentwood College) driving approximately 40 minutes
- Sidney to Mill Bay (location of Brentwood College) driving approximately 1 hour. Note that on this route you will see a sign for the Brentwood Bay ferry. Brentwood Bay is NOT the location of Brentwood College. Brentwood College is located on Mill Bay, so you want to go to Mill Bay, NOT Brentwood Bay. However, you can take the Brentwood Bay ferry over to the Malahat Indian Reserve and from there it is only 5 miles to the town of Mill Bay and Brentwood College. This is a nice short-cut but the ferry only holds approximately 25 cars and none over 40 feet. Cash or travellers checks only. Ferry schedule
Help for parents on surviving a regatta!