Northwest Junior Regional Championship - May 16-19, 2013
Regatta site: Northwest Regionals
- All SRA junior rowers participate in this regatta and need a 2012-2013 Team Permission Slip signed by a parent to attend. If you signed the Brentwood permission slip you won’t need to sign again. That permission slip covered both regattas. Give the signed permission slip to a coach at practice or mail into the SRA office.
- Qualifying boats from this regatta move on to the Junior Nationals Championship in Oak Ridge, TN, June 2013. Novices do not qualify for Nationals.
- Weather can be very nice or very cold for this regatta. Watch the forecast. Vancouver Lake Park has a beautiful beach where all the teams stake their food tents.
- This regatta relies on all the teams to provide adult volunteers to do many different types of jobs. Information will come out prior to the regatta about the various jobs. Please consider helping out, you’re there already, it will fill in the hours of boredom between races!
Rowers travel schedule:
- Rowers travel to Vancouver, WA via charter bus from Marymoor Park the afternoon of 5/16. An email will go out prior to travel with details.
- Racing runs from Friday (May 17, 2013) thru Sunday afternoon (May 19, 2013) at Vancouver Lake, WA. Driving directions.
- Rowers bus returns to Marymoor late Sunday evening.
- Rowers will be staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel. This is approximately a 20 minute drive to/from the race course but is located right next to the Vancouver Mall. The kids are allowed free time in the evening and can travel in groups to the mall to get food/snacks if they wish.
Parent travel information:
- Parents are encouraged to make hotel reservations as soon as possible. With more than 1,500 rowers in the area, hotel rooms can sometimes go quickly.
- Many parents stay at the same hotel as the junior rowers. The Junior Parent Chair has reserved a few extra rooms at the Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel; 4714 NE 9th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98662; 360-253-3100. Please send an email to see if there are still some available (juniors).
- Other hotels near the rowers.
- Dogs are NOT allowed in Vancouver Lake Park! See the entry packet for more details about this rule, but please understand that if teams violate this rule jeopardize future rowing events at the park. If you bring your dog you will be asked to leave. So sorry but please abide.
- SRA will provide a full food tent for the junior rowers for the entire regatta. An email will be sent out to the SRA Yahoo Group in the near future asking for volunteers. Please consider cooking/baking and taking a shift in the food tent during Regionals. It’s a great way to help out, meet some parents and get to know the names of the kids.Help for parents on surviving a regatta!